Sleepio (for insomnia): sleepio.com/nhs
What is Sleepio?
- It’s an online sleep improvement programme based on Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) that’s free to access if you live in Scotland
- The programme runs over six weekly sessions – giving you tools and techniques to help get your sleep back on track
- It has a proven record as an effective long-term solution to sleep troubles
- It has been validated in 12 randomised controlled trials with over 13,000 participants – In one randomized trial, Sleepio helped 76% of poor sleepers achieve healthy sleep
You can view this file for more detailed information – Sleepio –Welcome Letter
How can I access it?
- From a desktop, laptop or tablet, visit www.sleepio.com/nhs to access the programme.
- Click on the ‘Get started” link to take a two-minute test and discover your Sleep Score.
- Enter your email address and first half of postcode at the end of the test to receive your personalised sleep report.
- You will start with a two-minute quiz to find out your Sleep Score and get a personalised report.
- Then you’ll be guided through online sessions by your animated sleep expert, The Prof, to learn a range of cognitive and behavioural techniques that are proven to work.
DISCLAIMER: NHS Lothian are not involved in, own or manage this online self-referral service
From the cost-of-living crisis, to post-pandemic stresses – there are plenty of reasons why we might be experiencing feelings that result in difficulty sleeping. It can be easy to feel overwhelmed at the moment, but our top three tips are designed to help you
navigate this challenging time: Q3 Cost of Living – SLEEPIO- One PagerBlog (2.47MB,3minuteread)