With support from the people in your life and with some help from the resources on this website, you should find that your sleep improves on its own over time.
However, if your sleep doesn’t improve or if you’re having difficulties with your mental health and need further support, please get in touch with your GP in the first instance.
The following organisations may also be helpful:
- iThrive (previously Edspace): an online space for mental health and wellbeing in Edinburgh.
- The Silverline: a free confidential helpline providing information, friendship and advice for older people. Phone: 0800 470 80 90 (free to call, open 24/7, 365 days per year).
- Breathing Space: free and confidential phone service if you are feeling low, anxious or depressed. Phone: 0800 83 85 87 (free to call, Mon-Thur 6pm-2am; Friday-Mon 6pm-6am).
- The Samaritans: emotional support for anyone in emotional distress. Phone: 116 123 (free to call, open 24/7, 365 days per year).
- SAMH: offers support and information about mental health problems. Phone: 0344 800 0550.
- Managing loneliness
- Domestic abuse support:
If you, or someone you know, is in crisis and in imminent danger of causing harm to themselves or others, call 999 immediately
Help within 24 hours